Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jewelry Chests in the Works

With spring around the corner , I find new inspiration in the nature that surounds my studio in the Laurel Highlands. Currently I  am working on 3 jewelry cabinets that seem to have evolved much from this inspiration , and I await their finalization to showcase them...... Some of the most complex work  I will have completed to date.  Look for their debut in the near future.   On another note the studio is growing with the warm weather with skylight and roofed wood/machine storage  areas being added to the front and back. This should make life a little easier . So far the concrete and block retaining walls have been completed . The roof awaits, but at least the mud is no more. Here are two of the chests in various stages.




3 comments:

  1. wow ! these go beyond jewelry chests !! They are truly inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to the finished work. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks diane, these were head scratchers ; but fun !!! paul

      Delete